Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Necklace

A few Christmases ago, I got a couple of tubs of random glass beads. (Pretty sure they were "seconds")  I had absolutely no idea what to do with them, as they were all dirty, about a quarter of them were broken, and half of them had funky glass globs on them. In other words, they're pretty fugly.   So, one day, I got bored with some extra wire, was kind of drunky* and created something similar to the necklace pictured below.  So, a few weeks ago, I tried it again. Picking out the prettiest of the fugly beads, trying not to put similar colors next to each other, and watching TV**.



 This beauty measures 21.5 inches in length (clasp to clasp)

After finishing this necklace, my friend S demanded that she get something similar for Christmas this year. :)  She's so awesome. I'll come up with something super awesome & special for her.

Anyone wanna buy this beauty?  (email me at handmadedangles @ gmail.com if you do, and we'll hammer out the details)


 ------------------------------------------

*I do my best creating when under the influence. I can never make stuff sober... is that bad?  Well, I can make stuff, but it isn't as awesome as something I've created while not... sober. :)


**As in  *  I can never sit down and just create.  I have to be intoxicated, and watching tv or a movie. But it has to be a show I've seen before, otherwise I get sucked into the show, and forget what I'm doing. 
(This totally happened a few nights ago. Watching Grey's Anatomy with The Boy, and all I did was watch.  At the end of each episode (disc 1 of season 1 - I <3 netflix) he would ask me if we should start another episode, so that I could finish the pendant I was working on. Finally, after starting the last episode, I just finished the damn thing so I could watch the show in peace... I'm terrible, aren't I?)


PS. If you have a hard time reading the itty bitty print, hit ctrl  +  and it will enlarge all the print on the screen.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Cute necklace! Also, I laughed out loud when you gave the computer shortcut to enlarge the writing on the screen. I was like... hmmm... this girl MUST work in the Computer Labs or SOMETHING! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete